There is an emanation from the heart

which cannot be described,

but is immediately felt and puts

the stranger at his ease.

~Washington Irving


Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough...

.........and more.

It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, confusion to clarity.

It can turn a meal into a feast,

a house into a home,

a stranger into a friend.

~Melody Beattie


Don't be satisfied with stories,

how things have gone with others.

Unfold your own myth.
~Rumi


May my life be like a great

hospitable tree, and may

weary wanderers find in

me a rest.

~John Henry Jowett


Friday, 14 August 2015

Jack's Excellent Cotswold Adventure

Here I am in the car, wondering where on earth we were going
and why my blankie and toys were in the car with me?
I was feeling a little bit worried.

It turned out we weren't driving to the vets office!! 
We were driving through the English countryside 
called The Cotswolds--or 'hills with sheep'. 
There were lots of sheep and I loved how they smelled!!

We stopped in a little village called Lower Slaughter,
which means a damp or marshy place. It has a tiny stream 
running through it with a 'ford' -- you can see it at the 
bottom of the hill in this picture.

We got out of the car and I was supposed to 'ford' 
the stream--it was very, very cold on my paws.

I decided it wasn't too bad after all, and I walked across
the stream, being very careful to lift my paws quite high.

Luckily dad was there waiting for me
and I made sure he got nice and wet like I did.

Then we walked up the hill..........

........to explore the pretty village.

There was a little church at the top of the hill.

So many pretty flowers which mummy likes to look at.
Some are just like the ones I try to chew on at home.

I wonder if these people have a nice puppy?

More pretty flowers for mummy.


I know this one! It's lavender!!
It smells almost as good as sheep!!

More lavender and a funny, tiny, red building.

Mummy said she'd like to live here.

We drove in the car some more and came to this big,
golden building called the Lords of the Manor Hotel.
This is when mummy took me on a little stroll around the grounds.

I liked these pretty, golden flowers on our walk.
I bet some big dogs live up in that big house 
called Upper Slaughter Manor.

This is me under mummy's chair at the hotel.
She drank something pink are bubbly 
and got all silly--funny mummy!

Someday I hope we can go back and stay.
The people here like to have dogs stay 
in their pretty hotel.

After the hotel we drove down a very small road.

We drove to a pub called The Swan,
 in the little village of Swinbrook.

They had chickens like at our house,
except they were very small.

I liked it much better when I could
watch the chickens from mummy's lap.

After dinner daddy had to drive through 
another 'ford', but then we finally went home.

I was very tired and glad to 
be in my own cozy bed.......

.......but I hope we go back to the 'sheep hills' very, very soon!


*Jack had made so many friends this summer, between
all his Facebook friends and friends he's made the second
they walk through our front door, that he wanted to give 
one lucky friend a special present.


He wanted to give someone his special 
cow's foot chewie, but we had to gently 
tell him that his friends may not appreciate 
that lovely gift. In the end, he decided 
to give-away this cute Cath Kidston bag
with another sweet dog on it, 
showing his fun trip to London.


Just leave a comment and a quick hello to Jack below,
and on August 18th he's going to draw a name and
choose a lucky winner. Jack will announce the winner
on our Facebook  page, so watch for it there and good luck!







16 comments:

  1. Aww, what a great adventure, Jack!! I love hearing what you're up to, and see your - and Max's - adorable face on Facebook! :) Can't wait to meet you in person in October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait to meet you too and hope you have some great adventures too when you're here. xxx

      Delete
  2. Jack - you are such a lucky dog to be able to have so many wonderful adventures. I always look forward to seeing and reading about your travels. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack - you are such a lucky dog to be able to have so many great adventures. I always look forward to seeing and reading about your travels. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen~Thanks for stopping by and you have a wonderful day too! Love, Jack xxxx

      Delete
  4. Hi Jack! Thank you for sharing your excellent adventure with us. It was excellent indeed! I enjoyed meeting you in your lovely home last month. Looking forward to reading about your many future adventures - and Max's too! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen ~ We're happy you came to stay and hope to see you both again one day! Love, Jack xxx

      Delete
  5. Love your adventures through the countryside! So happy to have met your Jack as we left Oxford last month. Love your new look of your blog!
    Marianne from Peoria IL, USA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marianne ~ It was so good to have you here and hope your come back for a longer 'Oxford adventure'.

      Delete
  6. Aww, Jack! We loved your ramble through the Cotswold. I hope you get to go back to the nice hotel someday, too!! And thank you for your generous offer of the cute Cath Kidston bag! I'd love to have it to remember you by!! You are certainly bringing a lot of excitement and love to your new home!! We look forward to your next adventure!! <3 xo Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane ~ Thanks for stopping by keeping up with my adventures! Have a wonderful day, Love, Jack xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jack! Your are such a dear heart. What an adventure you had! My favorite parts were hearing about the funny, tiny red building and mummy getting silly after drinking her pink drink. �� Give greetings to your mum and dad from me. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jack,

    I loved this post. It brought back memories of a wonderful trip I took thru Lower and Upper Slaughter a few years ago and has me dreaming of making a trip back someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Jack, I follow all of your adventures and think you are the sweetest dog ever. Thanks for sharing your fun!!

    Love, Annie in California

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jack, you are the cutest thing ever! What kind of biscuits do you like??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nancy ~ I like very small biscuits because I'm still a wee bit small. xxx

    ReplyDelete