There is an emanation from the heart

which cannot be described,

but is immediately felt and puts

the stranger at his ease.

~Washington Irving


Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough...

.........and more.

It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, confusion to clarity.

It can turn a meal into a feast,

a house into a home,

a stranger into a friend.

~Melody Beattie


Don't be satisfied with stories,

how things have gone with others.

Unfold your own myth.
~Rumi


May my life be like a great

hospitable tree, and may

weary wanderers find in

me a rest.

~John Henry Jowett


Monday, 10 November 2014

Stop by and take a look at our new website,
finished and launched last week.
HOLYWELL BED AND BREAKFAST



One of the things I love most about our B&B is that it allows my creative juices to constantly flow--which is a very good thing when you're running two small businesses. Websites, and rooms, and flowers, and dishes, and towels, and even front doors need constant updating and refreshing. It takes a steady flow of creativity to keep a business thriving, especially a small one, but I found early on that I may get tired of the laundry at times, but I never tire of the creative part of all this.




This week I'm breathing (more like heaving) sighs of relief after giving birth last week to two big projects I've been working on.  Creating a new website and redoing the All Souls room bathroom, and we're very pleased with both.  And now if you'll excuse me, Stuart and I are going to have a much needed evening of relaxing, putting our feet up, and watching the most mindless movie we can find. In the meantime I hope you'll stop by our new website or even better, come and knock on our front door and stay awhile.








3 comments:

  1. Completely different and quite lovely! I'm glad I saw the first version and hope to see this one in real life. Oxford was my favorite part of our trip. ~Jen Starrett

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful house! I showed my husband this to kind of get him inspired to work on our new home that we have just purchased. There is a lot to do and I hope we can get some work done now over the holidays. I will be using some of the ideas I saw here. Thank you so much!

    Jane Osborne @ Customer Finder Marketing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new website design suits your B&B so well. The layout you've chosen is warm and welcoming, just how you hope your business is, I'm sure. The better half is interested in a weekend away near Oxford, we might just have to stop in and show our support for the hard work and dedication you put into all of this.

    Steven @ Cambridge Local Marketing

    ReplyDelete