There is an emanation from the heart

which cannot be described,

but is immediately felt and puts

the stranger at his ease.

~Washington Irving


Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life.
It turns what we have into enough...

.........and more.

It turns denial into acceptance,
chaos to order, confusion to clarity.

It can turn a meal into a feast,

a house into a home,

a stranger into a friend.

~Melody Beattie


Don't be satisfied with stories,

how things have gone with others.

Unfold your own myth.
~Rumi


May my life be like a great

hospitable tree, and may

weary wanderers find in

me a rest.

~John Henry Jowett


Friday, 19 September 2014

Update: Scotland, So Glad You Didn't Leave Us

"If you had become a stranger,
it would have made me more than sad."
                                   ~Dougie McLean

This morning I'm very glad I live in a 
country that still has a Scotland.



September 17, 2014:
Tomorrow is the day of the big vote north of Hadrian's Wall, the vote for Scottish Independence from the United Kingdom.  I have Scottish blood running through my veins, I can down haggis and black pudding with the best of them, and bagpipes make me well up, so I understand the emotion of the move for independence.  I really do.  But if Scotland votes to leave the Kingdom, even though I don't even hold a British passport, I know I'll feel bereft and I know I won't be alone in that feeling.

video

No comments:

Post a Comment